Coffee roulette is simple way to get to know your colleagues, hear about what they do and build a better understanding of your organisation. Why not set one up where you work?
How does it work?
- Get permission to set up a Coffee Roulette Club and invite people from your organisation to join
- Randomly pair two of the participants to have a coffee
- It will then be up to the participants to organise a convenient 30-minute coffee break with each other
- New pairs will be randomly drawn every fortnight. Pairs cannot be tailored to accommodate preferences.
- You can run this as a long term initiative, or just once a year for example
Rules of engagement
- No one is going to monitor if you have met up or not
- If you are having a busy couple of weeks be courteous to the other person and let them know you can’t manage it
- You may be matched with someone you know well or you may be matched with someone you have already been paired with before. Neither of which prevents you going for a coffee anyway or deciding not to meet up that fortnight
- Pairings will be assigned randomly and will not be tailored to accommodate any preferences or existing friendships
- If you find it’s not for you or that you are often unable to make the time you can opt out at any time