Why Become a Mentee?
Image courtesy of Stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Are you in control of your life? Is your career progressing according to a plan? Do you know where you are heading and the steps needed to achieve your goals?
Mentoring allows you to focus on how you can forward your career and overcome work related issues. A mentor can provide guidance, support and space for you to think.
Women in STEM face many issues and you may need a mentor with particular expertise or experience rather than one who has followed exactly the same career path. MentorSET can help.
These are some reasons for using a mentor:
- career planning and progression
- links to reduce isolation in a male-dominated professional environment
- information about returning after a career break and advice about obtaining a work/life balance
- support if you are coping with health problems or disabilities alongside a professional career
- development of new skills such as leadership or public speaking
We encourage women who are mid career to apply to be both a mentor and a mentee. You do not need to be at the top of your profession to be a MentorSET mentor and you will gain more by being both a mentor and a mentee.
More details of joining MentorSET as a mentee are available here